Well-Known Movie Filming Locations
Movie and television buffs may get a kick out of visiting the filming sites for some of Hollywood’s major productions. A number of these sites have appeared in numerous shows and motion pictures and are well-known in their own right. Listed below are 5 California movie sites Hollywood fanatics will want to go to on their next big getaway.
1. Bushnell Avenue located in South Pasadena. This neighborhood is a Hollywood fave, with its scenic houses appearing as both exterior and interior shots for many prominent productions. A pair of of the properties on Bushnell served as houses for the characters of George McFly as well as Lorraine Baines in the 1985 time travel comedy movie Back to the Future. One of these same two houses can be seen in the Michael J. Fox comedy Teen Wolf. Homes from Bushnell Avenue are also used in the films Ghost Dad as well as Old School and on the long-running television show thirty something.
2. Vasquez Rocks County Park. Science fiction motion picture and TV lovers especially will want to make a chance to stop by Vasquez Rocks County Park. The place can be seen in the original Star Trek television series, and also the 1979 production Star Trek:
The Motion Picture and the 1986 motion picture Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home. It had been likewise used as a filming location for the epic 1977 George Lucas motion picture Star Wars, featuring Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, as well as Carrie Fisher. Besides its utilization in science fiction stories, the Vasquez Rocks County Park served as a filming sight for Hollywood comedy motion pictures such as the Flintstones, Little Miss Sunshine, as well as Blazing Saddles.
3. Bronson Canyon located in Griffith Park in Los Angeles. This California Park ought to peak the interest of both western as well as sci-fi buffs, as its scenery has been featured thoroughly in both genres. Its extraordinary array of traditional western appearances include such TV shows as Bonanza, Gunsmoke, The Lone Ranger, Little House on the Prairie, The Adventures of Brisco County Jr, Rawhide, Bat Masterson, and Have Gun, Will Travel. It had been also utilized as a filming sight for memorable motion pictures, such as Lost Horizon, The Scorpion King and the famous John Wayne western, The Searchers. Bronson Canyon was also showcased in such sci-fi classics as Teenagers from Outer Space as well as Invasion of the Body Snatchers.
4. Sonoma County, California. Numerous films have used sections of Sonoma County for shooting sites due to its diverse scenery. Sections of the county were utilized for filming Petaluma in the 1986 Kathleen Turner comedy movie Peggy Sue Got Married. Sonoma County has also been used as a filming sight for the timeless 1947 movie The Farmer’s Daughter and the legendary 1942 Bing Crosby film Holiday Inn.
5. Newport Beach in the Orange County Region. This seaside community in the Orange County Region offers beaches and breathtaking sights of the Pacific Ocean. Scenery from Newport Beach has made an appearance in many blockbuster movies, including Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion as well as the Tom Cruise motion pictures A Few Good Men and Jerry Maguire. And fans of The Orange County will undoubtedly find it fascinating that Newport Beach served as a filming site for the famous TV show.